Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last night my friend Melissa came over. We have been friends since first grade, but unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to see her much over the past few years because she was away at school. It was great to see her again, and we had fun making these espresso chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are fantastic. They have a very chewy texture and the coffee flavor is not very strong, it just enhances the chocolate.
The dough was extremely easy to make.. they are actually not that bad for you.. they only have 1 stick of butter (most cookie recipes call for at least 2), and I substituted some whole wheat flour as well. I haven't mastered photographing food yet, but I'm working on it! (maybe a more advanced camera would help). The pictures I have seen on other blogs are beautiful; hopefully I will learn how to make mine as pretty soon! Anyway, onto the recipe! I hope you give it a try and enjoy them as much as Melissa and my family did!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
3 Tbsp white sugar
1 large egg, at room temp.
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp finely ground coffee (I used instant)
1 bag of chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking salt, salt, coffee)
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
4. Beat in egg and vanilla extract
5. Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in 3 phases
6. Fold in chocolate chips
7. Chill in refrigerator for 30 mins (this step makes a big difference in the texture of the cookies)
8. Bake for 15 mins

1 comment:

  1. Noelle, will always be best friends! been friends since forreverrr! even watching the video of us when we were little was fun too that night!!!!
    definitely want to make that zucchini!!!! cant wait to make my own cook book just as amazing as yours! with our recipes and my moms to get the family cooking and best friends as well! <3

    ReplyDelete