Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Parisien Pastry Tour

It's no secret that I adore all things french. French cuisine, language, style, and way of life are all perfection to me. In my two visits to Paris, I made it my priority to seek out, taste, and of course photograph the best of french pastry. Here is what I found.

Before I traveled to Paris for the second time, I searched the Internet for the best patisseries in Paris. One that received great accolades was Gerard Mulot located in the 6th arrondissement on Rue de Seine. Coincidentally, the apartment we rented was on the same street! Naturally, I dragged JJ there the first chance I got. I was in awe at the assortment of pastries they had. It took me a good 15 minutes to decide what I wanted to get! Actually, I didn't decide- JJ had to for me because I couldn't make up my mind. He reassured me that we would go back again..even though we didn't...Oh well, there will always be another trip. I had the one on the right. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it, but it was a pear with caramel on top of a caramel ganache. It was devine!! JJ had the left one which was called a tarte citron.

No comments:

Post a Comment